Tuesday, May 8, 2012

GOTYE AND KIMBRA CLOSE TO 200 MILLION VIEWS ON YOUTUBE!


Well, would you look at that? The power couple of the year, Mr. Gotye & Ms. Kimbra are still shattering records left to right. I think it's safe to say "Somebody That I Used To Know" is one of the signature songs of 2012 and to prove it even more the duo's original song is close to 200 Million views on YouTube.

That is not including all the other re-ups for the video, the subs, the live version, the parodies, the SNL performance, etc etc etc. 

I love this, I love that real artists are finally making their way back. I'm going to sound really hipster about it but it's true. 2010- late 2011 was full of auto-tune and dance songs. 2012 is looking promising with Adele shattering every female bitch in the game, Gotye cracking everyone's records, Kelly Clarkson making her long awaited comeback, etc. 

It's promising. But, I'm still not done with "Somebody That I Used To Know" therefore I'm gonna go watch it again. Toodles! 


*I predict this song will get 300 Million views by the end of September. 

No comments: