Friday, March 1, 2013

JESSIE WARE SHOWS RIHANNA HOW TO SING "DIAMONDS"


Jessie Ware is the next big thing in the UK. I was fortunate enough to go see her live at the 930 Club in Washington DC and she is a phenomenal performer. Jessie opted to cover Rihanna's mega hit "Diamonds" for BBC's Radio 1 and it was amazing.

Jessie Ware's version is much smoother and more organic. The vocals are obviously better. Not shading Rihanna, she's gotten much better but the way Jessie sings it, it's just amazing. There's so much depth and soul in this rendition.

The finale is the best part. It's so touching and... totes gave me chills.


I'll need y'all to listen to her music, especially "Sweet Talk" and buy her EP on iTunes now!

I'm still waiting for her to respond to my Jessie Warehouse jokes on Twitter... ugh what's a bitch gotta do to get a reply!?

No comments: