Thursday, July 2, 2015

DEMI LOVATO CHOOSES TO BE KINDA LESBIAN FOR HER COMEBACK SINGLE "COOL FOR THE SUMMER"



It must be hard being Demi Lovato. She's so confused in life. Years ago she was talking about how she wanted to make quality music and how she didn't want to be slutty or whatever. She even went as far as throwing shade at Miley for being the liberated independent woman that she is. I mean people change, but damn... "Cool For The Summer" is light years away from that little girl. The song is just as confused as she is. It's like pop, rock, and some of that generic genre Max Martin makes.

"Cool For The Summer" is actually an amazing song. As confused as the beat is, it actually really works. She starts the song with "Tell me what you want, what you like. It's ok. I'm a little curious, too." Ok Demi, talk to me about that lesbian kiss. "Tell me if it's wrong, if it's right..." I see your insecurities and raise you 100. She then tells her lady friend to not "tell her mother" to "kiss one another" oh and also drops a hint at the termination of their fling "we're cool for the summer", winter, idk homechild, we'll see.


Because she's trying to be cheeky and forward, she goes in and references Katy Perry's "I Kissed A Girl" with her "Got a taste for the cherry, I just need to take a bite." Just because people are comparing the song, I'll entertain you with that idea for a second. As iconic and untrue as "IKAG" was, "CFTS" is better. It's edgier, less cheesy and just overall, better. I mean yeah the beat sounds a bit like "IKAG" but so does everything else Max Martin makes because his creative juices are drier than California right now. "CFTS" is years ahead of "IKAG" (see what I did there?)

The video for this LGBTAQ,ETC anthem was shot recently and she tweeted that there was "oil" and "nakedness" errwhere. So obvs I'm hella excited.

"Cool" has started out with a strong radio play and taking over the iTunes charts. So I'm not the only one bopping to it. I mean it is summer, youths are horny and well... the song is good. 


Selena vs. Demi 2k15.
SOOOOOOOO READY!!!!!! Can't wait for the media to tear them apart!!! 

No comments: